Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I Should Be Able To Eat Raw Veggies...

Green Smoothies


Here's a Stoic conundrum: If I put greens in a smoothie with fruit and coconut milk it's great. On it's own? I'll cook it, maybe saute it, but I don't like it raw. But it's the same thing whether it's in a smoothie or not. A smoothie just helps me lie to myself. It doesn't taste like spinach. Shouldn't I be able to eat spinach leaves?

Then again I have so many larger flaws to work on maybe I let the spinach slide. At least I'm eating spinach. Besides, it's cheap and it's veg, like Rufus recommends.

Edit: This morning I made one with coconut milk, orange juice, blueberries, bannana and spinach. That's the amount of fruit and veggies I'd eat on a good day normally, and I got it all at breakfast.


* * *

Image, courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net, is public domain. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment