Sunday, November 16, 2014

Two Stoics Walk Into A Bar

I am a student of stoic philosophy, but I'm not enrolled in a philosophy program. I am what you might call a practical student. I get my wisdom from books and from like-minded people, and I find that it helps me to live a better life. I find that being less reliant on outside opnion and more aware of my own choices makes me a happier and a better person.

I believe in the power of stoicism, kind reader, and I would like to share my stoic journey with you. Don't stop... believing... Could a stoic journey have written "Who's Crying Now?" Possibly not.

The title of my humble blog comes from this:


Michael Connell made this video to celebrate Stoic Week, and I like his take. Here's a fun stoic. Here's a stoic who is enjoying his life. In fact I was so impressed that I almost called this blog "The Laughing Stoic," but it didn't seem to fit me. I'm more of a "Two Stoics Walk Into A Bar" kind of guy.

I would like to add that Tanner Campbell's brand new and already excellent blog, "Epictetus is my Therapist," inspired me to start this one. I'm also interested in podcasting thanks to him. I think that the more stoics we have blogging and podcasting the better. It will make the stoic world richer.

Finally, thanks for your time and attention. I hope that my small contribution to the revival of this philosophy is useful to you.

Maybe my next blog post will be about whether or not "stoic" should be capitalized. As of this moment I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment